NECC 2009

Posted by on Jul 2, 2009

Yes, this is my gratuitous NECC 2009 reflection post.  There were too many experiences and too many conversations that took place for me not to stop and reflect on the week as I experienced it. The most noticeable observation I can make is the comparison of experiences from last year’s NECC to this year’s.  Last […]

Viva la Revolution

Posted by on Apr 29, 2009

I know that I should, and I think that I do, but I’m actually not entirely sure what the title of this post means.  It sounds cool when you say it, and part of it is partly the title of a new project I played 1/3 of a part in starting. A few months ago […]

Legally Liable?

Posted by on Apr 19, 2009

I read a story today that all but requires me to follow up with the ideas discussed in my recent post, “Technology Guidelines.” I’ve been simultaneously encouraged and challenged by the comments to the post, and I’m heartened to see many affirm my position on the issues.  There remains, however, one nagging thought that I […]

An Online Identity Crisis of Sorts

Posted by on Mar 27, 2009

A few weeks ago I took my life into my own hands and faced certain ruin and potential eternal consequences.  I sent a tweet from church. My wife had to leave service to take care of our young son, and I was left to my own devices.  Quite literally.  I decided to try an experiment […]

Safety Second?

Posted by on Jan 15, 2009

This issue has never been more important to me. Alec Couros recently wrote a post about a very disturbing experience he had with someone viewing pictures of his daughter on Flickr.  If you haven’t read it yet, it’s an excellent piece, and I’d strongly recommend you read it first before proceeding here. The story absolutely […]